PLASTICMETAL® Ultra Soft is a metal sheet with heat-coated zinc layers on both sides having a softened PVC layer on the front side.
The product is designed as a protection against scratching and wearing of the surfaces during transportation, stocking or manipulation with semi-finished and finished products, especially plastic parts for automotive industry.
Common tinsmith technologies (cutting, bending, riveting) can be used to process PLASTICMETAL® Ultra Soft with the exception of procedures using high temperatures (welding, soldering) which cause PVC degradation and thus deteriorating of mechanical properties of the product or its partial destruction.
- Standard product size: 1000 x 2000 x 0.55 mm
- A metal sheet 1 mm thick (or different, if agreed) can be used on customer’s request
- The softened PVC layer thickness is usually 4 mm ± 1 mm
- The PVC layer can be adjusted on customer’s request to 2 - 6 ± 1 mm
- Standard hardness of the softened PVC layer is 30 ± 4 ShA
PLASTICMETAL® Ultra Soft 30 ShA xxx/yyy
- xxx – sheet thickness
- yyy – plastic layer thickness
Back to PLASTICMETAL®.