PLASTICMETAL® Sandwich is a metal sheet with heat-coated zinc layers on both sides having a having on the front side a layer of expanded softened PVC and compact softened PVC. The product is designed as a protection against scratching and wearing of the surfaces during transportation, stocking or manipulation with semi-finished and finished products, especially plastic parts for automotive industry.
Common tinsmith technologies (cutting, bending, riveting) can be used to process PLASTICMETAL® Sandwich with the exception of procedures using high temperatures (welding, soldering) which cause PVC degradation and thus deteriorating of mechanical properties of the product or its partial destruction.
- Standard product size: 1000 x 2000 x 0.55 mm
- A metal sheet 1 mm thick (or different, if agreed) can be used on customer’s request
- The expanded PVC layer thickness is usually 6 mm ± 1 mm
- The compact PVC layer thickness is 3 mm ± 1 mm
- Standard hardness of the compact PVC layer is 64 ± 4 ShA
PLASTICMETAL® Sandwich 64 ShA xxx/yyy/rrr
- xxx – sheet thickness
- yyy – plastic layer thickness n.1
- rrr – plastic layer thickness n.2
Back to PLASTICMETAL®.